Can Nicki Minaj become the hottest female rapper of all time?? Oh easily. Here are 10 reasons why she will enjoy more success than any other female ever in the rap game.
1. First thing first. She’s not a female rapper… she’s a rapper, period. I, like everyone else used to think it was all hype but Nicki’s flows and lyrics are on fire and hands down better than most rappers today screaming and making dance videos.
2. Her career has emerged at a time when rap music is fully mainstream and no longer an underground or ethnic sound. There was once MC Lyte and Latifah but then in that era, rap music was black music. All charts now are dominated by hip-hop.
3. Her career was introduced by Lil Wayne who is currently the heavy-weight champion of hip-hop music and also top 10 most successful music artist in the globe today. This has propelled her popularity significantly more than any Foxy Brown achieved in a decade.
4. She is defined by style. She is gorgeous, sexy and easy on the eye to say the least. The only other female MC to appeal to all races and cultures was Missy Elliott. Nicki will prove more successful in the same way that Beyonce beat Aretha Franklin. Hotness over talent.
5. She is the only female MC in a camp of very talented male rappers who all have prospective careers. So that even a male audience who may not ordinarily listen to Nicki Minaj will have to hear her out at some point on the tracks of the other men on her team and will eventually earn her stripes in the female MC-hating demographics.
6. Her sense of style and fashion will keep her on the top list of role models among the high school girls and young women. This point alone has guaranteed way too many female artists in the past a place in the hall of fame. Lady Gaga can speak on this.
7. She has emerged in the heart of the internet age. Her career is very viral and already established. This is a woman that is yet to release her first album.
8. She is nasty. The world loves a good girl but the world prefers a “bad bitch”. True story. If she came in the game on some purity-ring persona, her career would have crawled into a hole and died. But get this, she has mixed sexy bad bitch with goofy and adorable so even if you wanted to hate her for being a slut, she makes this face and makes you smile. 🙂
9. The buzz about Nicki Minaj is unbelievable. I have not known another artist in the history of music to have this much clout without official recorded material. That you’re all reading this right now is testimony. And every singer wants Nicki to rap on their songs.
10. LUST but not the least. Her openly bisexual orientation will have men all over the world watching her videos not just for skin but for the many many ideas they can draw up in their filthy brains. THIS is enough to feed her and her children for a long time.
Bottom line, if you don’t like Nicki Minaj, I’m truly sorry. The rap game has found its Beyonce. The never-going-away Beyonce if you catch my drift. If you disagree, please name another female MC with more promise than everything above. For a career so young, there are TOO MANY naysayers.
My name is Jay Lenny Levanne and not very much in life impresses me. Nicki Minaj does. Now Roger That. 😉